Indian Masala Burger
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 Persian cucumber grated
- 1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro or mint leaves chopped
- 1 fresh green chilies or to taste finely chopped
- 1 lb ground meat beef, lamb, pork, or poultry
- 1 cup raw beetroot, grated 3.5 oz
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or ground nuts
- 4 burger buns
Culinary Spice Kit
- Turmeric, coriander, cumin, black pepper, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon, ajwan, nutmeg, cloves, saffron
- In a small BOWL, mix coconut, cucumber, and yogurt.
- Season with cilantro, chili and salt to taste.
- Cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In a large BOWL, add the meat, beetroot, egg, breadcrumbs, Masala Burger spices, and salt to taste (1/2-1 tsp). Knead well.
- Form burger patties of the same size and thickness and create a slight indent in the center.
- Preheat your GRILL or stovetop GRIDDLE or PAN over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for about 4-5 minutes over medium-high on each side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the patties are cooking, you can lightly toast the burger buns on the grill or in a separate pan.
- Once the patties are cooked to your liking, remove them from the heat and let them rest for a minute before your assemble your burgers.
- Serve the delicious beetroot beef burgers with the coconut raita and your choice of sides like fries or a fresh salad.
Enter the Culinary World
Be Inspired | Explore your boundaries and creativity