Kashmiri Tujji BBQ
Kashmiri Tujji is a popular grilled chicken dish from Kashmir, Northern India, known for its flavorful spices and tender texture. It is prepared by marinating meat in a blend of yogurt and aromatic spices before grilling it over charcoal. This dish has a rich history rooted in Kashmiri culinary traditions and is a popular choice for festive gatherings. It is a must-try for those seeking authentic Indian flavors.
- 1 lb grill meat (boneless, skinless)  cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- salt & chili powder to taste
- 1/3 cup yogurt plain
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic grated or pressed
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 6-12 skewers 
Culinary Spice Kit
- Fennel, black pepper, cinnamon, mustard, poppy seeds, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves
- 4 tbsp carrots, cucumber, or radish, grated
- 1 tbsp onions, grated & squeezed 
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- salt & pepper or chilies*
Mint Chutney (optional)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1.2 inch ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1-2 fresh chilies to taste (optionally) finely sliced
- rice or flatbread, and dips
In a CONTAINER, add meat or substitute.
Rub it with salt & chili powder to taste.
Add yogurt, lemon juice, and oil (marinade basics), Tujji spices, garlic, and ginger.
Mix well to coat meat or substitute all around.
Cover. Let it marinate in the fridge 2 to 24 hours.
Thread the marinated pieces onto skewers. 
Grill meat or substitute or roast it in the oven:
Option 1 - Grilling
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place the skewers on the grill and cook them for about 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally, all pieces are fully cooked and have a slightly charred and golden-brown appearance.
Choose one or two of the vegetables, 4 tbsp in total.
Add onions and salt to taste.
Mix with the yogurt. Season with pepper or chilies to taste.
Mint Chutney (optional)
In a BLENDER, blend mint, cilantro, 1 tbsp lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and salt and chilies to taste.
Add water as needed to create a thick sauce.
Cover and keep cool until serving.
 For instance boneless, skinless chicken, lamb loin, sirloin beef, veal, or substitute with mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, firm tofu.
 If using wooden skewers, soak them first for 30 minutes in water.
 Substitute: 1 green onion, finely sliced
 Optionally, create more dips, each with a different combination of the ingredients added to the yogurt and salt, for instance:
- One dip with cucumber, sliced fresh chilies and green onions.
- Another one with carrots, radish, onions, black pepper, and optionally a dash of cumin or coriander.