Pakistani Kadhi Pakora
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 2 tomato/es chopped
- 1 cup spinach, parsley, or chives chopped
- 1.5 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup yogurt plain
- 1- inch ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- oil salt
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs cut into 1-inch pieces, or 2 lbs drum sticks
- fresh chilis
- Basmati Rice naan or roti bread
- Fresh salad
Culinary Spice Kit
-  Coriander, mild chili, fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, asafoetida
-  Ajwan and cumin seeds
- In a BOWL, add yogurt, 0.5 cup of flour, and 0.5 cup of water. Mix until well combined.
- In a large POT, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry half of the onions until they turn brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, and Kadhi Pakora  spices.
- Optionally, add chilies.
- Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes. Mix well. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the POT. Add 2.5-3 cups of water and salt to taste. Mix well. Optionally, add chicken.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes or longer until chicken is done, stirring frequently.
- In a BOWL, mix half of the onions, spinach, 1 cup of flour, salt to taste, and Kadhi Pakora  spices. Mix well. Let soak for 20 minutes. Add about 2-4 tbsp of water to make a thick paste.
- In a PAN, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat. Use 1 heaping tbsp of the Pakora mixture for each Pakora. Optionally, form little balls. Fry on all sides until golden and crisp.
- Serve crisp Pakoras in Kadhi.
- Optionally, let Pakoras soak for 5 minutes in the Kadhi before serving.
Notes/ Variations ▪ Add chicken with the water and cook until done. ▪ Substitute the yogurt mixture with this flour-water: Dissolve 2 tbsp of any flour in 1 cup of cold water. ▪ Use the Kadhi Pakora  spices in fritters or hash browns.