Global Black Bean Burger
Just a normal burger with beans instead of meat and a bunch of interesting toppings and dressings.
Black Bean Burger Culinary Spice Blend:
- 1 -2 can black beans (substitute options: pinto beans or kidney beans)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour or bread crumbs
Suggested Standard Toppings
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- tomatoes, sliced
- lettuce leaves
- roasted red bell pepper
- fried portabella mushrooms
- baked or fried (sweet) potatoes
- special dressings:
horseradish mayo, sweet-chili-mayo, chili-ketchup
Select Your Recipe - All Versions or just the Easiest 'The Breeze Way'
- Our black bean burger spice blend includes sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle, porcini mushrooms.
- We love canned beans as a quick pantry resource for “rainy days”.
- Mix up the beans to get a different burger each time.
- Baked bell pepper and fried portabella mushrooms are not the usual burger toppings yet turn out to add an abundance of flavor.
- Any of the dressings takes the burger to the next level.
There is not much of preparation to do, when you go with our ‘The Breeze Way’ version. For the other versions, we suggest that you bake the bell pepper beforehand when you are in the kitchen but don’t use the oven.
- The toppings are substituted by frozen and jarred products.
- Toppings and dressings are limited. You can still look at the ‘All Versions’ recipe for more.
If for any reason, your burger patties don’t hold the form or fall apart during frying, you won’t loose any of the flavor. Just fry them in the biggest chunks possible. To serve, you can wrap them into a lettuce leave that you place on the bun.
If your patties turn out dry, they will get enough moisture from the toppings and dressing.