Almond Pie Crust (gluten free)
Try this easy to bake gluten free almond pie crust recipe for savory or sweet pies. You don't need a rolling pin or mixer. It tastes so much better than prepackaged pies.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar (only for sweet recipes, see notes)
- 4 cups fresh fruits (only for fruit pies, see notes)
- Preheat the OVEN to 350°F.
- Make sure the coconut oil or butter is firm and cut into thin slices.
- Grease the 9-inch PIE DISH.
- In a large BOWL, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the egg and the coconut oil or butter. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Knead quickly until the dough is a smooth ball.
Prepare the Pie
- In the center of the PIE DISH, press the dough ball into a flat patty. Then press the dough evenly from the center all the way up the sides.
- Cover the top of the sides with a small strip of ALUMINUM FOIL to prevent it from burning.
- With a FORK, prick the dough several times.
- Bake the pie for 8-12 minutes.
- Let it cool.
Recipes for the Filling
SWEET PIE CRUST
For a sweet pie, add the sugar to the BOWL together with the dry ingredients in the first step for the dough.
In a small BOWL, add 3/4 cup of water. Stir in 3 tbsp cornstarch. Set aside.
In a small POT, mash 2 cups of fresh fruits. Add 1 cup of sugar.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Gradually, stir in the cornstarch slurry.
Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes until it thickened, stirring constantly.
Place 2 cups of fresh fruits on the pie crust. Pour cooked fruits evenly on top.
Chill for 2 hours before serving.