Pad Kee Mao
- 1 lb beef steak thinly cut
- 12 oz vegetables finely cut
- 8 oz wide long noodles
- 5 cloves garlic crushed + peeled
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 2-3 tsp sugar to taste
- 1-2 lime or lemon for juice
- 10 leaves basil thinly sliced
- oil salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit
- Chili, coriander, garlic, lemongrass, lemon peel, ginger, star anise, cilantro, onion, basil, cumin, white pepper, cinnamon, lemon oil - (all organic)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a small BOWL, mix tamari, anchovy paste, 1-2.5 tsp Pad Kee Mao Spices, sugar, and 1/8 cup of water.
- In a large PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add meat. Fry until meat is almost done. Take meat out and set aside.
- Add to the same PAN: vegetables, seasoning, and 1/2 cup of water. Mix well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are done.
- Add noodles to PAN, and return meat. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off.
- Stir in 2 tbsp lime juice or more to taste.
- Serve on plates and sprinkle 1 tbsp basil on top of the noodles. Enjoy!