American Espresso BBQ
- 1 lb ribeye or sirloin beef steak about 1-2 inches thick
- 1 lb sweet potato fries (frozen) baked
- 1 lb vegetable mix roughly cut (onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes)
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar recommended: balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt recommended: smoked
Culinary Spice Kit
- Ancho chili pepper, onions, espresso beans, black mustard, cinnamon, cumin, chipotle pepper
- Dry the steaks with a paper towel and season with salt to taste.
- Recommended: Return the steaks to the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Let the steaks rest on a PLATE for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a PAN* over high heat.
- Cook steaks 2 minutes per side until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add butter.
- Cook steaks 1-2 minutes to your desired doneness while basting with butter.
- Transfer the steaks to a PLATE, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In the same PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry onions until translucent, zucchini until soft, and tomatoes until the peel starts to separate.
- In a BOWL, mix vegetables with vinegar and salt to taste.
- Serve steaks with vegetables and baked fries.
▪ Substitute meat with evenly cut grill vegetables. Season with 2 tbsp oil, and salt and Espresso spices to taste. Roast 15-30 min. in the OVEN at 400°F.
▪ Optionally, cut meat in strips before seasoning. Stir-fry quickly to your desired doneness. *A cast-iron or steel skillet is recommended.