Savory crêpes make a great quick dinner with versatile fillings, one for every taste. Beetroot powder adds all the health benefits of beetroots and a nice reddish color to the crêpes without a difference in the taste. Give the French dish a global touch with little sprinkles of Togarashi. This original blend from Japan is also preferred by Chefs of the best restaurants in San Diego, California.
- 1.5 cup flour buckwheat or all-purpose
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs whisked
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- oil or butter salt
- 1 cup cream cheese goat
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 oz baby spinach optional
- 3 oz cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- olive oil salt
Culinary Spice Kit
-  Beetroot powder
-  Togarashi: Chili pepper, orange peel, black sesame seed, seaweed, white sesame seed, Sansho pepper, ginger
- Mix and sift Crêpes  spices with the flour.
- Mix milk with 3/4 cup of water.
- Stir in the flour mix, one tbsp at a time.
- Stir in the eggs, butter, and salt to taste.
- Cover and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Coat a PAN lightly with oil or butter over medium heat.
- For each crêpe, pour 1 LADLE of batter.
- Rotate the PAN in all directions to cover the cooking surface evenly thin.
- Cook until the crêpe is dry on the top.
- With a LARGE SPATULA, loosen the edges and flip it.
- Cook the other side until it's lightly brown.
Filling # 1
- Mix goat cheese with chives.
- Spread it on the finished crêpe.
- Sprinkle with Crêpes  spices to taste.
- Roll it.
Filling # 2
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms are just soft.
- Optionally, add spinach.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of the mushrooms on half of the crêpe.
- Sprinkle with cheese and Crêpes  spices to taste.
- Fold and bake it on both sides until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!
* recommended: Gruyère or Swiss cheese ▪ Substitute chives with microgreens. ▪ Substitute mushrooms with ham. ▪ Optional savory fillings: smoked salmon or thinly sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil.