Smörgåstårta - Swedish Sandwich Cake
- 2 can tuna in water each 5 oz
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 12 slices sandwich bread cut into even squares
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1-2 lemon for juice
- salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit Ingredients:
- [Tarta] horseradish, green peppercorns, fennel, dill, celery
- In a BOWL, mix the Tarta Spices with 1/8 cup lemon juice.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for the “icing”.
- To the remaining mixture, add eggs, vegetables, and tuna.
- Assembly the cake on a large serving plate
- (1) With a knife, spread four slices of bread with half of the filling.
- (2) Place four slices of bread on top.
- (3) Spread with the remaining filling.
- (4) Place the last slices of bread on top.
- (5) Use the “icing” mixture to spread over the top and all sides.
- (6) Cover completely with plastic wrap.
- Let it rest overnight in the fridge.
- Decorate the cake to your taste, e.g. cover with lettuce leaves and top with tomato slices and chopped herbs.