Smörgåstårta - Swedish Sandwich Cake
It looks like a cake with a savory decoration. The inside is a layered sandwich filled with everything you can imagine as long as you combine it with mayonnaise and eggs on sandwich bread. This recipe is one easy version. You can also make four single "cupcakes" instead of one large cake. Popular are different fillings for each layer and rich decorations. Get more recipes and inspirations on our website.
- 2 can tuna in water each 5 oz
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 12 slices sandwich bread cut into even squares
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1-2 lemon for juice
- salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit Ingredients:
- [Tarta] horseradish, green peppercorns, fennel, dill, celery
- In a BOWL, mix the Tarta Spices with 1/8 cup lemon juice.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for the “icing”.
- To the remaining mixture, add eggs, vegetables, and tuna.
- Assembly the cake on a large serving plate
- (1) With a knife, spread four slices of bread with half of the filling.
- (2) Place four slices of bread on top.
- (3) Spread with the remaining filling.
- (4) Place the last slices of bread on top.
- (5) Use the “icing” mixture to spread over the top and all sides.
- (6) Cover completely with plastic wrap.
- Let it rest overnight in the fridge.
- Decorate the cake to your taste, for instance, cover with lettuce leaves and top with tomato slices and chopped herbs. For more ideas and tips see our blog.