Uruguayan Chimichurri Rojo
Chimichurri Rojo is the red version of this savory sauce with plenty of parsley. It's very popular as a BBQ condiment in Uruguay and Argentina, the neighbors of the Rio de la Plata. Everyone mixes its own version. So, feel free to use more or fewer tomatoes, garlic, and chili flakes. Make this recipe for marinated fish or chicken, or serve the sauce with any grilled meat or vegetables.
- 1.5 lbs fish filet e. g. salmon
- 2 cups parsley finely chopped, packed
- 1-2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- fresh bread e. g. ciabatta
- garlic grated (to taste)
- 0.5 cup red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Chimichurri Culinary Spice Kit
-  Paprika, black pepper, garlic, oregano, lime peel
-  Red chili flakes
- a fresh salad of your choice
- Mix parsley, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, and 1 tbsp oil.
- Season with Chimichurri Spices ( all +  to taste) and salt to taste.
- Place the fish in a BAKING DISH and season it with salt & pepper.
- Spread about half of the Chimichurri sauce over it. Cover.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 hours to overnight.
- Keep the rest of the sauce in the fridge.
Preheat the OVEN to 350°F.
- Cover the fish with aluminum foil and bake it until it is cooked through. Check frequently.
- Serve the fish with fresh bread, the remaining sauce, and optionally a fresh salad of your choice.
Substitute the fish with chicken breast. Substitute parsley with cilantro.