Tasmanian Aussie Burger
The Aussie Burger is also called "Burger with a lot" due to its many layers. Characteristic ingredients are beetroot, pineapple, and a sunny side up egg. Add a fruity tomato side salad with a kick from precious Tasmanian pepperberries, also called Mountain Pepper. Notice the slightly purple color that the berries develop in the vinaigrette.
- 4 beef patties
- 1 jar pickled beetroots sliced
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 4 large tomato/es chopped
- 2-3 kiwi (golden) chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 4 hamburger buns
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- mayonnaise and/ or your favorite ketchup or BBQ sauce
- slices cheese
- onion rings grilled or raw
- bacon grilled
Culinary Spice Kit
- Tasmanian pepperberries
- Chop Aussie Spices with a sharp knife.
- Be careful not to shoot the spices across the kitchen.
- In a BOWL, mix lemon juice with Aussie Spices, salt to taste, and 1 tbsp oil.
- Mix with tomatoes and kiwi. Set aside.
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry patties until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Transfer patties to a plate and cover.
- Shortly, fry the cutting sides of the buns.
At the same time
- In a second PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry eggs to your liking.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Fry pineapple on each side until golden and caramelized.
- Serve all ingredients on separate plates.
- Everyone can assemble the Burger with a lot to its liking.