Shopping list for Tahini Paste (optional)
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
Shopping list for Tahini Sauce
- 1 cup tahini paste store-bought or see additional recipe below
- 2-5 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- 1/4-1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
Tahini paste (Optional)
- In a PAN, over medium heat, roast sesame seeds until they turn golden brown. Stir frequently and be careful, not to burn the seeds!
- In a FOOD PROCESSOR, mix sesame seeds and 1/4 cup of oil into a paste.
- Add slowly more oil if necessary, 1/2 tbsp at a time.
- The ideal paste should be just liquidy enough that it doesn't stick to a spoon. Though, it doesn't have to be perfect.
- In a BOWL, mix tahini paste with 1/4 cup of water.
- Add garlic, salt and lime juice to taste.
- Depending on how liquid your tahini paste is, you might need to add more water. The sauce should be liquid enough to pour it over the falafel, but not watery.