Kari Koko - Seychellois Coconut Curry
Nutmeg Creates a Coconut Heaven
Ladob is a side made from sweet potatoes cooked in coconut milk. You can substitute sweet potatoes with plantains or banana. This dish is spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Our tip: If you are too busy to make all for one dinner, save the Ladob for a dish with grilled fish. Or go for a Ladob banana dessert. Just add 1/2 cup of sugar or agave syrup and optional vanilla powder.
- Substitute chicken with veal or fish filet.
- Eggplant is a great substitute for a vegetarian coconut curry.
- Add a green papaya chutney (see recipe below).
The Kari Koko Culinary Spice Kit includes the following spices:
Turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, onion, chili, cumin, garlic, curry leaves, fenugreek, ginger, yellow mustard, cardamom, black pepper
- 1 green papaya (unripe)
- 1 onion
- 1 lime for juice
- oil, salt & pepper
- Optional: 1 chili pepper
- Finely grate papaya.
- Halve and finely slice onion.
- In a BOWL, mix papaya with 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze all liquid out.
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and fry onions until they turn translucent.
- Optionally, add finely sliced chilies and fry for one minute.
- Add papaya and continue to fry for about 5 minutes, until the papaya is tender.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt & pepper.