South African Bobotie
- 1.5 lbs ground lamb or beef or mixed
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups rice
You might have
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- white vinegar
- butter & oil
- salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Amchoor, yellow mustard, curry leaves, fenugreek, onion, ginger, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, cilantro, garlic, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon
- Pouch  Nutmeg. turmeric, lemon thyme
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp butter.
- Fry onions over medium heat until golden.
- Add meat, salt to taste, and Bobotie Spices .
- Stir-fry meat until it is crumbled and cooked.
- In a CUP, whisk 1 egg and mix it with a 1/2 cup of milk.
- Add it, sugar, and almonds to the meat. Mix well.
- Stir in vinegar and lime juice. Adjust salt. Fill into a non-sticking BAKING DISH.
- Preheat the OVEN to 350°F.
- In a BOWL, whisk 2 eggs.
- Mix it with 1 cup of milk, salt to taste, and Bobotie Spices .
- Pour mixture over the meat.
- Bake in the OVEN for 30-40 minutes until topping is no longer liquid and turned slightly brown.
- Serve with rice, and optional chutney and/ or a salad of your choice.