Savory Rice Porridge
- 1 lb grilled meat and/or grilled vegetables
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 4 tomato/es chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- green cardamom pods
- 1/2-1 tsp ground mastic
- In a POT, add rice, broth, cardamom and salt to taste.
- Cover. Bring to boil. Turn heat to low. Cook until rice is done.
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup milk and cook about 5 minutes until the rice thickens
- Take cardamom out.
- In a small POT, melt butter with ground mastic to taste over low heat.
- Drizzle butter over plated rice.
- Serve with grilled meat and/or veggies.
- Add a tomato salad seasoned with 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh parsley, and garlic. No oil.