Russian Boeuf Stroganoff
- 1 lb beef sirloin cut in ½ stripes
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/8 cup red wine
- 8 oz sour cream or heavy cream
- 0.25 lb large noodles of your choice
- parsley chopped
You Might Have
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic shopped
- 1 orange for juice
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
Boeuf Stroganoff Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Juniper roasted cacao (organic), black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cloves
- Pouch  Pink peppercorns
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- On a PLATE, season beef with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of flour.
- Toss and turn beef in flour until it is covered an all sides with a thin layer of flour.
- In a large PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil until sizzling.
- Fry beef for about 3 minutes, until it’s slightly brown on all sides but not fully cooked inside.
- Transfer beef to a PLATE. Cover PLATE with a LID.
- In the SAME PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry onion until translucent. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and Boeuf Stroganoff Spices . Mix well.
- Fry mushrooms until they are almost cooked, but still firm. It takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Add wine, mix well, and cook until wine evaporated.
- Add orange juice and cream. Mix well.
- Bring to boil. Let boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off!
- Return beef and mix well.
- Let rest for 3 minutes to reheat the beef.
- Serve mushroom sauce over noodles.
- Sprinkle with Boeuf Stroganoff Spices  to taste.
- Substitute noodles with rice.
- Substitute beef with chicken. Fry 5 min.
- Substitute beef with green beans. Add beans to translucent onions and fry until beans are tender. Then add mushrooms.