Persian Kuku Kadoo
This dish looks like an omelet but gives a different taste experience. Not the eggs but the vegetables are the stars of the dish. The eggs act as a supporter, holding the dish together to create a heavenly taste thanks to the divine Persian 'advieh' spice blend from rosebud, cinnamon, cardamom, and mace. Healthy turmeric adds a beautiful yellow color.
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb zucchini cut into thin slices
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic grated or chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
Kuku Kadoo Culinary Spice Kit
- Turmeric, rosebud, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, mace, cardamom
- fresh flatbread
- yogurt seasoned with lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley
- olives, whole or sliced
- fresh lettuce salad with parsley, chives, and red radish slices
- pomegranate seeds
- In a large BOWL, whisk eggs.
- Add baking powder and salt to taste.
- Stir in about 1/2 of the Kuku Kadoo spices.
- In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- In several batches, fry zucchini, garlic, and onion until they become soft.
- Take the vegetables out and set aside.
- Preheat OVEN to 400°F.
- In a PIE BAKING DISH, add the vegetables.
- Keep about ten zucchini slices aside.
- Pour the egg mixture over and level out.
- Distribute the remaining zucchini slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake it for about 25 minutes until it is set.
- Take off the foil after the first 10 minutes.
- Serve kuku kadoo with bread, yogurt sauce, olives, salad, and/or pomegranate seeds.
- Substitute zucchini with asparagus, green beans, artichokes, mushrooms, potatoes, or eggplant.
- Make the Kuku Sabzi recipe instead.