Persian Kuku Kadoo
This dish looks like an omelet but gives a different taste experience. Not the eggs but the vegetables are the stars of the dish. The eggs act as a supporter, holding the dish together to create a heavenly taste thanks to the divine Persian 'advieh' spice blend from rosebud, cinnamon, cardamom, and mace. Healthy turmeric adds a beautiful yellow color.
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb zucchini cut into thin slices
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic grated or chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
Kuku Kadoo Culinary Spice Ingredients
- Turmeric, rosebud, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, mace, cardamom
- fresh flatbread
- yogurt seasoned with lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley
- olives, whole or sliced
- fresh lettuce salad with parsley, chives, and red radish slices
- pomegranate seeds
In a large BOWL, whisk eggs.
Add baking powder and salt to taste.
Stir in about 1/2 of the Kuku Kadoo spices.
In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp of oil.
In several batches, fry zucchini, garlic, and onion until they become soft.
Take the vegetables out and set aside.
Preheat OVEN to 400°F.
In a PIE BAKING DISH, add the vegetables.
Keep about ten zucchini slices aside.
Pour the egg mixture over and level out.
Distribute the remaining zucchini slices on top.
Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake it for about 25 minutes until it is set.
Take off the foil after the first 10 minutes.
Serve kuku kadoo with bread, yogurt sauce, olives, salad, and/or pomegranate seeds.
- Substitute zucchini with asparagus, green beans, artichokes, mushrooms, potatoes, or eggplant.
- Make the Kuku Sabzi recipe instead.