- 2 cups rice (Basmati rices fits best)
- 1 lb leek
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 can Kidney beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup chives or dill or spinach (optional addition to the herbs)
You might have
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 3 tbsp oil
Culinary Spice Kit
- 1 pouch  Ghormeh Sabzi Spices Fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1 pouch  Ghormeh Sabzi Spices Omani limes, turmeric
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a medium POT, heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry onion and garlic over low-medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Careful of splatters, add leek. Over medium heat, fry until leek is almost cooked.
- Add herbs and Sabzi Spices . Mix well. Continue to fry until the mixture lost most moisture and starts to turn brown. Pay attention not to burn the herbs.
- Add beans, 2 cups of water, salt to taste, and Sabzi Spices . Mix well. Cover. Bring to boil. Cook over medium-low heat 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Optional: Season meat with salt and pepper. In a PAN, heat oil and fry meat quickly over high heat to your desired doneness. Add to the POT. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Serve Ghormeh Sabzi with rice. Enjoy!
- Add lamb or other meat, thinly sliced (see optional step).
- Substitute leek with spinach leaves. Skip step 3. Add spinach with herbs in step 4.
- Substitute kidney beans with black beans or cranberry beans.
- Substitute cilantro with another bunch of parsley.