he dark mole sauce is made with several chilies, nuts, and chocolate. It's such a fabulous combination. Think of a chocolate bar with nuts and chili flavor. Preparing the mole sauce is usually labor-intensive and time-consuming. This recipe is a delicious shortcut with all the three important chilies: Ancho, guajillo, and pasilla. It’s even easier if you skip the tortillas and just pour the sauce over roasted meat.
- 1 lbs chicken breast cut each 2 times
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 oz dark chocolate bar min. 70% cacao
- 2-4 avocado sliced
- 8-12 tortillas
- crumbled cheese
- sour cream
You might have
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 lime or lemon for juice
- sugar or honey or agave syrup
- salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit (see notes for homemade enmolada spices)
- Pouch  Ancho chili powder, pasilla chili powder, cinnamon, oregano
- Pouch  Guajillo chili powder
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a large PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add garlic and onions. Stir-fry 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, Enmoladas Spices .
- Add to taste: salt, pepper, Enmoladas Spices .
- Stir-fry 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in broth and tomato puree.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover. Bring to boil.
- Cook 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir in almond butter and chocolate. '
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cook 10 minutes over low heat.
- Take chicken out and shred it with two forks.
- In a separate PAN, heat some oil and fry each tortilla 15 seconds on each side.
- Fill each tortilla with some chicken, sauce, optional tomato slices and lettuce. Roll it up.
- Place roll on plate, top with sauce.
- Serve with rice and avocado with lime juice.
- Optional sprinkle with cheese and/ or sour cream.
- Substitute the SpiceBreeze spice pouches with fresh chilies. Toast and grind them with a little water. Add chili paste, cinnamon, and oregano to taste, one 1/4 tsp at a time.
- Substitute almond butter with hazelnut butter or any other nut butter.