Fattoush is the beloved Lebanese salad of infinite variations. Perfect for hot weather, crunchy, fresh vegetables make up the majority of this dish and are unique to each family.
The authenticity of fattoush lies with sumac and the crisp flatbread, similar to croutons. A crushed red berry, sumac provides a distinct, tart flavor similar to lemon, and is incredibly common in Middle Eastern dishes.
Add Grilled Meat or Vegetables
Serve fattoush with grilled chicken, beef, or vegetables seasoned with our Lebanese Baharat blend. Pure dry-roasted cooked garbanzo beans make another good addition.
Alternatively, go for another Lebanese classic: Shawarma.
The Fattoush Culinary Spice Kit includes the following spices:
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, or thighs
- 3 cups lettuce cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 cup red radish halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup flat parsley or mint chopped
- 2 pita bread cut into 1x1 inches chips
- lemon juice
- olive and vegetable oil
Fattoush Culinary Spice Kit
-  Allspice black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, fenugreek, nutmeg, and ginger
-  Sumac
- ▪ Add to salad to taste: pomegranate molasses or syrup sliced onions, and/or grated garlic
- ▪ Add dry-roasted cooked garbanzo beans
- ▪ Serve with extra pita bread
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch thin strips.
- Rub them with salt to taste and all Fattoush  spices until all strips are evenly coated.
- Place chicken in a sealed bag or container and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- In a large BOWL, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice, Fattoush  spices, salt to taste, and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add all vegetables and herbs, and toss lightly.
- In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry pita chips in several batches until crisp. Take them out and set aside.
- In the same PAN, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over high heat.
- Fry chicken strips until they turn brown.
- Serve salad, pita chips, and chicken in separate bowls.
- Everyone can create a salad plate with pita chips and chicken to taste.