Quick Homemade Pesto
Are you a fan of fresh homemade pesto? The original recipe for Pesto Genovese from the region of Genoa in North Italy dates back to the 8th century. Want to try it? We made it a bit easier for you. It takes only a few minutes - Promise!
- 2 oz fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil good quality!
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or mixed with pecorino
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2-3 cloves garlic optional
- sea salt to taste
- Wash the basil leaves, pat dry, and place them in a container in the freezer for 1/2 hour.
- Put the bowl and blades of the food processor in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Blend all ingredients, except the basil, in the food processor until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the basil and blend until the pesto consistency looks right to you.