Italian Pesce Spada alla Griglia
This Italian summer specialty is perfect for your grill if you love fish and have easily access to swordfish. Garlic, herbs, and lemon are the dominant flavors. The little heat from mustard and chili pepper immerges with the firm fish flesh and the roasted potatoes.
- 1 lb swordfish filet
- 1 lb small potatoes halved
- 2 lemons one for juice
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Pesce Spada Culinary Spice Kit
- Garlic, tomato, paprika, chipotle, basil, brown mustard, oregano, bay leaves, marjoram, thyme, rosemary
- A fresh salad of your choice with a lemon dressing.
- Rub all sides of the fish with salt.
- In a CONTAINER, add 1/2 cup of olive oil and all lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp Pesce Spada spices.
- Add the fish and cover all sides with the marinade.
- Cover and let rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Take the fish out and drain.
- In a BOWL, mix 2 tbsp oil with 1 tbsp Pesce Spada spices.
- Add potatoes and salt to taste. Mix well.
- On a lined, greased BAKING SHEET, distribute potatoes in one layer.
- Roast in the OVEN for about 30 minutes until brown and crisp. Turn them midway.
- Cook the fish on the GRILL or in a greased PAN until it turns white.
- Serve the grilled fish with, lemon, baked potatoes, and a fresh salad.
▪ Substitute swordfish with salmon or cod. ▪ Substitute potatoes with root vegetables.