Indian Rice Korma
Korma is a staple on Indian family dinner tables. The spice blend around coriander and cumin is rather simple compared to complex Indian curries. It develops a magically addicting flavor in its combination with toasted cardamom pods and golden turmeric.
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 cups Basmati rice
Korma Culinary Spice Kit
-  Cardamom pods
-  Coriander, cumin, turmeric
- In a PAN (with LID), heat the butter.
- Add Korma  spices and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions and stir-fry until they turn golden. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Add ginger, garbanzo beans, and carrots. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add Korma  spices, 3 cups of water, peas, and salt and fresh chilies to taste. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Please don’t lift the LID before the rice is ready to serve!
- Turn off heat. Keep the PAN still covered and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Substitute garbanzo beans with 0.5 lb chicken breast, cut in 0.5 inch cubes.