- 2 eggplants cut into round slices, 1/4 inch thin
- 2 cup walnuts unshelled
- fresh bread of your choice
You might have
- 3 cloves garlic or more to taste
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 onion chopped
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch Khmeli-Suneli (coriander, fenugreek, marigold, hyssop, paprika, mint, black pepper, turmeric, savory, methi, basil, cinnamon, and cloves)
Prepare the eggplants
- In a BOWL, add eggplant slices seasoned with 1 tsp salt.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse, squeeze, and pat dry.
Prepare the walnut paste
- In a FOOD PROCESSOR, grind walnuts, garlic, cilantro (optional), and vinegar.
- Gradually add water (up to 1/2 cup) to create a thick spread.
- Season with about half of the Badrijani Spices and salt to taste.
- Mix in fried or raw onions.
Fry the eggplants
- In a PAN, heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry the eggplants on both sides until they are cooked and turn slightly brown.
- Spread walnut paste on each eggplant slice.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve Badrijani with fresh bread.