Classic French vegetable stew seasoned with Herbes de Provence.
Ratatouille Culinary Spice Blend:
European Hyssop, thyme, rosemary, savory, oregano, sage, marjoram
1 large eggplant
1 large zucchini
2 bell peppers (any colors)
2 large onions
3 cloves garlic
1 cup tomato puree or 2 tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth
- any type of protein, mild seasoned, from fish to poultry or beef
(see recommendations in recipe notes)
- bread slices (fresh French baguette or any bread you like)
- cooked or steamed rice
- boiled potatoes
Select Your Recipe - All Versions or 'The Breeze Way'
- Our Herbes de Provence blend which includes an uncommon herb: European hyssop. This ‘holy herb’ has a minty, slightly bitter, but pleasurable taste, different from North American anise hyssop.
- Plenty of fresh vegetables are fried before they are cooked in a tomato-broth.
- Make it a stew or soup (all versions recipe).
The cooking steps are minimal and quick. Here are some extra tips for time efficiency:
- Make the dish the day before.
- Make it a side dish to leftover rice or potatoes, or use up some bread.
The preparation of this dish is quiet easy:
- Cut vegetables.
- Fry vegetables.
- Cook vegetables.
The Breeze Way recipe is the stew version with optional sides.
- The challenge here is not to burn the vegetables in the first frying step. Please stay close to the pot during these 10 minutes. If some of the vegetables are burnt, take them out and cut the burnt parts off.
- During the cooking step, please make sure to check the softness of the vegetables, so you get the result that you prefer.
For any other questions, please send us an email [click on icon on the top left] or contact our support team [click on icon on the bottom right].