Falafel with Beetroots
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed, pat dried, 15 oz
- 2 tbsp grated beetroot (raw, peeled) or chopped fresh spinach (as dry as possible)
- 1 medium egg
- 1/3 cup ground almonds or bread crumbs
Culinary Spice Kit
- Coriander, cumin
- In a BOWL, mash garbanzo beans with a potato masher*.
- Add egg, almonds, beetroot or spinach, Falafel spices, and salt to taste. Mix well*.
- Form small falafel patties.
- In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry patties for about 5 minutes until they become crisp on both sides.
- Flip the patties halfway.
- Serve Falafel in bread with salad and yogurt sauce. Optionally, add tahini sauce***. Enjoy!