Dublin Spice Bag
Spice Bags are a trendy take out in the streets of Dublin. Of unknown origin, Spice Bags a literally paper bags filled with juicy fried chicken and fries, topped with onions, sometimes bell peppers, and fresh chili slices for extra heat. Sichuan pepper is part of the Chinese Five Spice blend. If you are new to it, use up to half of the pouch.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast bone+skinless, cut in thin stripes
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled, cut in stripes
- 1 bell pepper green and/ or red, cut in thin stripes
- 2 cups almonds ground
- 4 paper bags
You might have
- 1 onion peeled, halved, sliced
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- oil & salt
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Star anise, fennel, cinnamon, garlic, cloves
- Pouch  Sichuan pepper, chilies (mild)
In a BOWL, mix chicken, Spice Bag Spices , 3 tbsp tamari, orange juice, and Spice Bag Spices  &  to taste.
Cover. Let marinate 1 hour in the fridge.
In a BOWL, mix potatoes with 3 tbsp oil and salt to taste.
Place potatoes in one layer on a non-sticking BAKING SHEET.
Bake in OVEN for 30-40 minutes.
On a PLATE, beat egg. Add salt to taste.
Coat chicken thoroughly with the egg.
On a different PLATE, spread ground almonds.
Coat chicken thoroughly with the almonds.
In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil.
On high heat stir-fry the chicken until they turn brown and crispy. Set aside.
In the same PAN, fry onion 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add bell pepper and 1 tbsp tamari mid way.