Cambodian Neorm Masour
- 2 cups cooked meat shredded or finely sliced
- 3 cups green cabbage finely sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage finely sliced
- 4 oz rice or glass noodles
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup mint or (Thai) basil leaves sliced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- lime or lemon for juice
- sugar & salt
- fish sauce
- anchovy paste
- tamari or soy sauce
Culinary Spice Kit
- Kampot peppercorns
Salad sauce for version 1
- In a small BOWL, mix 2.5 tbsp fish sauce, 4 tbsp lime juice, 3 tbsp sugar, and garlic.
Salad sauce for version 2
- In a small BOWL, mix 2 tbsp anchovy paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 6 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp sugar, and garlic.
Kampot pepper sauce
- Take the Kampot pepper out of the Neorm Masour Spice pouch and grind them.
- In a small BOWL, mix 1 cup of water, 4 tbsp lime juice, the ground Kampot pepper, and a dash of sugar and salt.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large BOWL, add the salad sauce, noodles, meat, cabbage, mint, and salt to taste. Toss to combine.
- Top with peanuts, green onions, and optionally fresh chilies.
- Serve Kampot pepper sauce with salad.
- Drizzle plated salad with Kampot pepper sauce to taste.