Cambodian Neorm Masour
In this light salad, noodles are paired with healthy raw vegetables in a tangy lemon sauce. It's seasoned with Kampot pepper, which has a floral note and is considered the finest pepper in the world. Grown in the mineral-rich mountains of the Kampot region, the taste of black Kampot pepper unveils hints of flower, eucalyptus, and mint. “It’s got a floral dimension that’s really something special,” said Anthony Bourdain.
- 2 cups cooked meat * shredded or finely sliced
- 2-3 lime or lemon for juice
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 cups green cabbage finely sliced **
- 2 cups red cabbage finely sliced **
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup mint or Thai basil sliced
- 1-2 fresh red chilies
- Dressing 1: fish sauce
- Dressing 2: anchovy paste and soy sauce
- 4 oz rice or glass noodles cooked
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- sugar ***
Neorm Masur Culinary Spice Kit
- Kampot peppercorns
Salad dressing # 1
- In a small BOWL, mix 4 tbsp lime juice, garlic, 2.5 tbsp fish sauce, and 3 tbsp sugar.
Salad dressing # 2
- In a small BOWL, mix 6 tbsp lime juice, garlic, 2 tbsp anchovy paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp sugar.
Kampot pepper sauce
- Take the Kampot peppercorns out of the Neorm Masour spice pouch and grind them.
- In a small BOWL, mix 1 cup of water,
- 4 tbsp lime juice, the ground Kampot
- pepper, and a dash of sugar and salt.
- In a large BOWL, add the salad dressing # 1 or 2, meat, cabbage, mint or basil leaves, noodles, and salt to taste.
- Toss to combine. Top with green onions, chilies (opt.), and peanuts.
- Drizzle plated salad with Kampot pepper sauce to taste.
* For instance, grilled or cooked chicken, grilled steak, or substitute with shrimp and/or cold cut. ** Substitute some of the cabbage with finely sliced shallots, bell pepper, or shredded carrots. *** We suggest to try brown or palm sugar.