Buddha Bowl with Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/8 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko or any fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup orange jam
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated or chopped
- 1 inch ginger grated or chopped
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Your selection of vegetables for the salad
Culinary Spice Kit
- Coarse brown mustard, nigella seeds
- In a small POT, heat orange jam with 1/2 cup of water, half of the ginger, and salt to taste.
- Cook over slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a BOWL, combine egg yolk, onions, garlic, chives, tbsp panko, and Buddha Spices.
- Add ground meat, salt & pepper to taste. Knead well.
- Add more panko as needed to absorb most of the liquid.
- Form little balls in the size of 0.5-inch diameter.
- On a PLATE, roll the balls in the remaining panko until they are coated on all sides.
- In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add balls and fry them on all sides until they turn brown and are cooked through.
- Distribute salad in bowls.
- Add meatballs and pour the dressing on top.
- Use a different ground meat: chicken, pork, or veal.
- For the coating, substitute 2 tbsp white sesame seeds for the panko.
- Substitute chives with parsley or cilantro.