- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup panko or any fine breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange jam
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 lemon for juice
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Your selection of vegetables for the salad
Culinary Spice Kit
- Coarse brown mustard, nigella seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a small POT, heat orange jam with 1/2 cup of water, half of the ginger, and salt to taste.
- Cook over slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a BOWL, combine onions, garlic, half of the ginger, chives, and Buddha Spices.
- Add quinoa, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add 2 or more tbsp panko as needed to absorb most of the liquid.
- Form little balls in the size of 1-inch diameter.
- On a PLATE, roll the balls in the remaining panko until they are coated on all sides.
- In a PAN, heat 4 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry quinoa balls on all sides until they turn brown and crisp.
- Distribute salad in bowls.
- Add quinoa balls and pour the dressing on top.
- Make meatballs from poultry, pork, or veal instead of quinoa balls.
- For the coating, add 2 tbsp or more sesame seeds to the panko.
- Substitute chives with parsley or cilantro.