Panch Phoron Chicken
- 1 lb chicken legs, thighs, or wings
- 5 medium tomato/es quartered
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
You might have
- 1 inch ginger peeled, grated
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, grated
- oil or ghee
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Brown & yellow mustard, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, nigella
- Pouch  Kashmiri chili
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Fry Panch Spices  over medium heat until they begin to pop.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and salt to taste.
- Stir-fry chicken over high heat until the pieces turn brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt and Panch Spices  to taste.
- Simmer over low heat about 10-20 minutes until tomatoes fall apart and chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken on rice with lime wedges.