Asian Buddha Bowl
This trending 'Buddha Bowl' is a colorful and contemporary vegetarian one-bowl meal. Healthy nigella in protein-rich quinoa balls fit in just right. If you are new to quinoa or short in time, you can simply add quinoa to your bowl and sprinkle the spice blend on top. For your convenience, find a meatball version and more options on our website.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup panko or any fine breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange jam
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 lemon for juice
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Your selection of vegetables for the salad
Culinary Spice Kit
- Coarse brown mustard, nigella seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a small POT, heat orange jam with 1/2 cup of water, half of the ginger, and salt to taste.
- Cook over slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2-1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- In a BOWL, combine onions, garlic, half of the ginger, chives, and Buddha Spices.
- Add quinoa, salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add 2 or more tbsp panko as needed to absorb most of the liquid.
- Form little balls in the size of 1-inch diameter.
- On a PLATE, roll the balls in the remaining panko until they are coated on all sides.
- In a PAN, heat 4 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry quinoa balls on all sides until they turn brown and crisp.
- Distribute salad in bowls.
- Add quinoa balls and pour the dressing on top.
- Make meatballs from poultry, pork, or veal instead of quinoa balls.
- For the coating, add 2 tbsp or more sesame seeds to the panko.
- Substitute chives with parsley or cilantro.