A Dish With Its Own Museum
The Currywurst might be the only street food worldwide that is honored with a dedicated museum, the Currywurst Museum in Berlin. The original dish from the Fifties is a short sausage, sliced and served with a secret curry sauce and bread.
From Street Food to a Complete Meal
The key to Vaca Frita or “fried beef” is slow cooked beef the Cuban way. Quick frying is the second and last step in the preparation.
- Substitute cabbage salad with a quick sour sliced cucumber salad or with your favorite potato salad.
- Add mayonnaise as an additional sauce.
- Substitute French fries with baked potato wedges and/or baked root vegetables.
- Use any kind of sausage that you prefer, e.g. hot dog or vegan.
The Currywurst Culinary Spice Kit includes the following spices:
- 1 lb sausages e.g. Bratwurst or Nürnberger
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 12 oz French fries frozen
- 4 cups white cabbage finely shredded
You might have
- agave syrup or honey
- white vinegar
- vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
Currywurst Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Ginger, chili, yellow mustard, paprika, turmeric, asafoetida, cardamom, fenugreek, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, white pepper and coriander
- Pouch  Paprika
- In a large BOWL, add cabbage.
- In a small POT, mix 3 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp syrup, salt & pepper to taste, and 2 tbsp oil.
- Bring to boil, pour over cabbage. Let cool.
- Let marinate in fridge for 24 hours.
- Prepare French fries according to package instructions.
- When they are ready, toss them with salt and Currywurst Spices  to taste.
- In a POT, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Careful of splatters, add tomato puree.
- Add 1 tbsp syrup, 1 tbsp vinegar, and Currywurst Spices . Mix well. Bring to boil.
- Cook covered 10-20 minutes over low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a PAN, heat oil and fry sausages over medium heat until cooked through.
- Transfer sausages to a plate
- Cut sausage in 1/2 inch slices (optional).