American Espresso BBQ
Coffee blends are widely popular. The trend for the dark beans didn't stop at the coffee shop. Creamy espresso beans mixed with mild ancho chilies add unexpected flavor dimensions to grilled meat. Or give it a try on grilled vegetables. Our blend is made with high-quality Italian espresso for an aromatic flavor without bitterness.
- 1 lb ribeye or sirloin beef steak about 1-2 inches thick
- 1 lb sweet potato fries (frozen) baked
- 1 lb vegetable mix roughly cut (onions, zucchini, cherry tomatoes)
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar recommended: balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt recommended: smoked
Culinary Spice Kit
- Ancho chili pepper, onions, espresso beans, black mustard, cinnamon, cumin, chipotle pepper
Dry the steaks with a paper towel and season with salt to taste.
Recommended: Return the steaks to the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Let the steaks rest on a PLATE for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a PAN* over high heat.
Cook steaks 2 minutes per side until browned.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook steaks 1-2 minutes to your desired doneness while basting with butter.
Transfer the steaks to a PLATE, cover with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
In the same PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
Fry onions until translucent, zucchini until soft, and tomatoes until the peel starts to separate.
In a BOWL, mix vegetables with vinegar and salt to taste.
▪ Substitute steak with your preferred chicken pieces.
▪ Substitute meat with evenly cut grill vegetables. Season with 2 tbsp oil, and salt and Espresso spices to taste. Roast 15-30 min. in the OVEN at 400°F.
▪ Optionally, cut meat in strips before seasoning. Stir-fry quickly to your desired doneness.
*A cast-iron or steel skillet is recommended.