- 1 lbs chicken breast skin- and boneless
- 1 cup yogurt plain
- 3-8 pita breads
You might have
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- oil & salt
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 3 tomato/es sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage shredded
- 1 romaine lettuce shredded
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Sumac, allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, fenugreek, nutmeg, ginger
- Pouch  Mint
- Pouch  Paprika
- Preheat OVEN to 425°F. *
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a BOWL, mix 2 tbsp oil with Shawarma Spices  and salt to taste (1 tsp recommended). Add chicken, mix well until evenly coated.
- On a BAKING SHEET lined with aluminum foil, spread chicken evenly.
- Roast in the OVEN for 15 minutes, turning pieces midway.
- For the dressing, in a BOWL, mix yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt to taste, Shawarma Spices , and ½ tsp oil.
- Cut the roasted chicken in thin slices. Toss with Shawarma Spices .
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large PAN. Quickly stir-fry the chicken slices until all sides are brown and crisp.
- Serve on pita bread topped with vegetables and yogurt dressing.
* If you have time to prepare the chicken in advance, marinate (step 2-3) and let it rest in a covered BOWL in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Spread the fun