Egyptian Firecracker Falafel
This Firecracker Falafel recipe contains two recipes, for falafel and kefta. Choose pouch  instead of pouch  to make it Firecracker with the surprising taste experience of popping coriander seeds, and/or your amount of red chili from pouch .
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed (for falafel)
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb for kefta
- 0.5 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 lb Fresh salad chopped
- (e.g. romaine lettuce tomatoes,
- cucumbers onions)
- 6-8 pita breads
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder for falafel
- 1 tbsp flour for kefta
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Optional - for the sauce -
- fresh mint finely chopped
- garlic grated
Culinary Spice Kit
-  Coriander, cumin
-  Coriander and cumin seeds
-  Red chili flakes
Step 1 (for Falafel)
- In a BOWL, mash beans, onion, garlic, parsley with a potato masher or blender.
- Add baking powder, salt (1 tsp recommended), Firecracker  OR  spices, and Firecracker  spices to taste. Mix well.
- Cover and let cool in fridge for 1 hour.
Step 1 (for Kefta)
- In a BOWL, add meat, onion, garlic, parsley, flour, salt to taste (1 tsp recommended), Firecracker  OR  spices, and Firecracker  spices to taste. Mix well.
Step 2 (for both)
- Form round flat patties in the size of a half hamburger.
- In a PAN, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat.
- Add as many patties as fit in your pan. Be careful not to crowd the pan.
- Fry patties for about 5 minutes until they turn brown on both sides, turning midway.
- For the sauce mix yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tsp oil, and salt to taste.
- Optionally, add fresh mint and/ or garlic to taste.
- Serve in pita bread with fresh salad.