- 1.5 lb chicken wings or chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch stripes
- 2 cup bread crumbs e.g. panko
- 1 frisee lettuce
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- tamari or soy sauce
- vinegar (rice balsamic or else)
- agave syrup or sugar
- tomato paste
- 1 orange for juice
- oil e.g. sesame
- salt & pepper
Szechuan Culinary Spice Kit Ingredients
- Szechuan  Tangerine peel, garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, Sichuan pepper (don’t use during pregnancy), Star Anise
- Szechuan  Bird’s eye chili pepper
- In a BOWL, mix chicken with 2 tbsp tamari and 2 tbsp orange juice. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a small POT, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-low heat.
- Fry Szechuan Spices  for 30 seconds.
- Take the spices out, if you prefer a mild sauce.
- Careful of splatters, add 2 tbsp syrup, 2 tbsp tamari, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 cup water, and Szechuan Spices .
- Stir in 1 tsp tomato paste.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, syrup or vinegar to taste.
- On a PLATE, beat egg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat chicken thoroughly.
- On a different PLATE, spread bread crumbs and coat chicken thoroughly.
- In a PAN, heat 1 inch of oil.
- Fry chicken over medium-high heat until it’s cooked through and turned crispy.
- Serve chicken on lettuce leaves with rice and Szechuan dipping sauce.
Variations: Substitute chicken with mozzarella sticks, vegetable sticks, pork cutlets, or shrimps.