- 1 lb chicken breast cut in 1 inch
- 1 can Kidney beans rinsed
- 1.5 cups long grain rice washed
You might have
- 1 onion peeled and roughly cut
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and roughly cut
- 1 inch ginger peeled and roughly cut
- baking soda
- salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit
- Pouch  Smoked paprika, thyme, bay leaves
- Pouch  Grains of paradise
- In a large POT, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Careful of splatters, add beans and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp baking soda, rice, 3 cups of water, and salt to taste.
- Mix well, cover, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked.
- In a FOOD PROCESSOR, blend onion, garlic, and ginger with 1/2 cup of water until smooth.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large PAN, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and fry until it turns brown on all sides.
- Careful of splatters, add the liquid from the FOOD PROCESSOR and Waakye Spices .
- Cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked. Add some more water if necessary and salt to taste.
- On the plated dish, sprinkle Waakye Spices  to taste from a grinder or the whole peppercorns.
- Serve Waakye with fried plantains, boiled eggs, and/ or sour cabbage salad.