Persian Kabob Koobideh
- 2 lb ground lamb beef, or chicken
- 1 red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 large onion grated
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon for juice
- salt & pepper
- !Suggested Sides & Toppings
- Lavash or pita bread
- cooked Basmati rice
- onion & radish slices
- grilled vegetables
- Sabzi Khordan*)
- !Culinary Spice Kit
- Sumac turmeric, black pepper, parsley
- In a BOWL, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste, and 1 tbsp oil.
- Stir in the cabbage. Cover and let rest for 2 hours.
- In a BOWL, squeeze grated onions and discard all liquid.
- Add garlic, salt to taste (recommended 2 tsp), egg, and Kabob Koobideh spices. Mix well.
- Add meat. Knead well for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water.
- Form 2 tbsp of meat into long, flat shaped meat patties.
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry the kabobs for some minutes on each side until they are cooked and slightly browned.
- Serve the kabob in bread and/or with rice and with cabbage.
- Optionally, sprinkle the kabob with sumac and top it with onion & radish slices.
- Add grilled vegetables or Sabzi Khordan*).
*) See the recipe for
grilled Kabob Koobideh