- 1 lb fish filet e. g. snapper, cod, tilapia cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can coconut cream 13.5 oz
- 1 bunch leaves e. g. mustard, dandelion, collard, or spinach; sliced
- 2 cups rice
You might have
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- vegetable or coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh red chilies chopped
Culinary Spice Kit
- Lemongrass galangal, lemon, turmeric, makrut lime, chili flakes, basil, bay leaves, lime peel
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a PAN, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Fry onions with a pinch of salt until they turn translucent.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of coconut cream and Amok Spices. Mix well.
- Add fish and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add leaves and remaining coconut cream.
- Cook for about 2-5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Optionally, stir in lemon juice, tamari or fish sauce, and/ or fresh chilies.
- Serve Amok with rice.