Smörgåstårta – Swedish Sandwich Cake
tuna in water
each 5 oz
frozen mixed vegetables
cut into even squares
lemon for juice
salt & pepper
Culinary Spice Kit Ingredients:
horseradish, green peppercorns, fennel, dill, celery
In a BOWL, mix the Tarta Spices with 1/8 cup lemon juice.
Add mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese. Mix well.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Set 1 cup of the mixture aside for the “icing”.
To the remaining mixture, add eggs, vegetables, and tuna.
Assembly the cake on a large serving plate
(1) With a knife, spread four slices of bread with half of the filling.
(2) Place four slices of bread on top.
(3) Spread with the remaining filling.
(4) Place the last slices of bread on top.
(5) Use the “icing” mixture to spread over the top and all sides.
(6) Cover completely with plastic wrap.
Let it rest overnight in the fridge.
Decorate the cake to your taste, e.g. cover with lettuce leaves and top with tomato slices and chopped herbs.